Welcome to the Austinites For Zimmerman Campaign!We have been asked for a direct link for a yard sign. Simply hit the CONTACT button in the upper RIGHT corner, and in the "Message" field, tell us you would like a sign. WALLA!
My name is Don Zimmerman, and I would like your vote on November 8, 2016 for the Austin City Council District 6 election.
I am the only candidate in any Council District whose leadership actually abolished a property tax (in 2010)! I am also the most passionate friend of taxpayers on the council. Why? Because I am a TAXPAYER too!
I moved into District 6 in the Fall of 2000 and was elected to the City Council in 2014. For over a decade, my public campaigns against tax increases have demonstrated that I've been very consistently and publicly working towards tax relief -- not just voicing it for votes during the campaign season. Voters are insisting on transparency and real tax relief from their elected officials.
There are many issues facing District 6 during this election, and I welcome you to contact me directly with questions or concerns via e-mail (in the "Contact Us" portion of this site) or my cell phone (512-577-8842)!
- I have tenaciously strived to ensure that the agenda of the City Council remains in the hands of the Council, not in the hands of local bureaucrats. 10-1 was implemented to more accurately represent all taxpayers instead of just downtown special interests.
- I am the ONLY candidate responsible for ending a property tax during my tenure as President of the Northwest Austin Municipal Utility District #1. I have been successful at implementing a Homestead Exemption, but we must attain the maximum exemption allowed by law
- My opponents would like the Council votes to be 11-0, and that is what they will strive for. That is not representing YOU!
You can contribute HERE!
If re-elected, I will:
- Continue my past work to reduce our tax burden through maximized homestead exemptions
- Work fervently to end illegal taxation and fees
- Prevent wastefull and irrational BOND proposals
- Propose real traffic engineering fixes for road congestion relief -- not social engineering gimmicks.
- Work to curb Austin's bureaucratic morass by reducing staff by 10% and streamlining operations.
- Fight to prevent more WASTEFUL EXPLORATORY REVIEWS
- Derail any Rail Proposals that Austinites DO NOT WANT!
- Fight for residents who do NOT want to be annexed
- Protect OUR property rights
- STOP the subsidizing of corporations
District 6 deserves a PROVEN leader with the courage, competence, and conviction to bring fair and equal treatment for the NorthWest suburbs, which are annexed as "profit centers" by the downtown government. That proven leader is me!
As your 'Taxpayer Friendly' and 'Voice of Reason' candidate, I would like to earn your donation, endorsement, and most importantly, your vote. Your vote is the one thing the government cannot take from you; it must be earned. Please click on the link provided to donate, or you can find a donation link in the tabs as well.
I am grateful to the voters who took the time to view my website, learn my strategies, and, most importantly, believe that I will make the changes that are long overdue. Thank you for your vote!